(Being good to Mom and Dad)
by Gramma Cherbear
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
- The Bible Says:
- "Honor your father and mother, just
as the LORD your God commanded you. Then you will live a long
time in the land he is giving you. And things will go well with
you there." Deuteronomy 5:16
- "But blessed are your eyes because they
see, and blessed are your ears because they hear." Matthew
- Teach the children, God says it is very important
that they are good to their moms and dads and others whom He
has trusted their care to. We must also be respectful and helpful
- (God Commands)
- Has Mom or Dad ever asked you for a helping
hand? Have you noticed how good things go when you do as they
ask? There is a reason for that. God has placed them in authority
over you. Of course, He intends for them to be under His authority
as well. They can guide you as they listen to Him. Show respect
for your parents and give them a helping hand when you can. It
will encourage them to see the fruits of His Spirit alive in
- It will please God when He sees us using
the fruits of His Spirit to honor our Mothers and Fathers. Remember
our study on the fruits of the Holy Spirit? They are love, joy,
- patience, goodness & kindness, gentleness
and mercy, faithfulness and self control.
- "But the
fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace.
- It is being patient,
kind, and good.
- It is being faithful
and gentle and having control of oneself..."
- Galatians 5:22-23
- (Blessed Are You!)
- God's Word tells us that we will be blessed
if we see with our eyes and hear with our ears. God is speaking
of a special kind of seeing and hearing. He wants us to see and
hear with our spirit. Our heart can see and hear the way God
sees and hears only when we live by the fruits of His Spirit.
When we want to know and do the will of God, we will see and
hear with our heart. Do you know someone who needs a helping
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- Helping Hands
- The Critters are working fast. Gramma Cherbear
will be blessed by their surprise. They can see she is in need
of a rest. They have learned to see with their hearts. They are
also acting with their hearts. They are honoring Gramma Cherbear
with helping hands. The Kid Cave is clean and the flowers Joshua
Jackrabbit has gathered will add a nice touch. Liam Leapfrog
is ready for a dip in the pond!!
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
- God says we are to honor our Mother and Father
so things will go well with us. We are also to honor Him! We
should respect the Lord and give Him a helping hand too!
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
weeks' teachings. We are using the Bible Shapes Activity Book
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
- Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids and pre teens
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Commandment of Honor
- 2. A Pleasant Journey
- 3. Joyful Parents
- 4. Gifts
- 5. Obey and Please
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- What does God call murder? Let's see if we
can clear our thinking about this next time.
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.
- Gramma Cherbear creates the illustrations in this
web site with hard work and a lot of prayer! So please!
Do not use her work without permission!
- © 1999 Cherbear
- Missionaries, Sunday School teachers, and Homeschoolers
- may write for permission to use my work in there
- Did you come here from
a search engine? Please visit the Den.
- Click the banner!
- If you hear music playing
in more that one page "what a racket,"
- just close the one
you are finished with!