New Direction - Seek the Right
Path (Only One Path to God) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
The Bible Says:
"Teach me to live as you command, because that makes me very happy." Psalm 119:35
- There is only one path to God. That path is Jesus Christ. He will lead us down that path with His Holy Spirit and His Word. We just need to follow Him. We must not let others tell us there is some other way to God.
- (Speak with the children)
- God wants to guide your New Life with Him. He will show you with His Word. You can ask the Holy Spirit to help you learn. God knows what is best for you. He knows everything! He can see tomorrow and all the days that follow. It is best to do what He tells you to do. God wants you to obey Him! He loves you and can protect those who do as He says.
- (Teach the children)
- The New Direction we must follow is the plan God has for our lives. He wants to use our talents to serve Him and other people. We must always pray and seek directions from God, He has the answers we need.
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
New Direction - Seek the Right Path
Cami Cub has been told there is another way to get to the Kid Cave. She wants to be very careful! It would be easy to get lost in the Forest. As she traces the path in the dirt, she and Liam Leapfrog can see there is only one path to the Kid Cave.
Repeat today's Bible verse.
- The Bible tells us that we must be careful not to listen to anyone who tells us there are other ways to God. Jesus is God's only Son and is the Only Way for people to know God. If we love God, He can guide us in the New Direction He wants us to go. He will teach us to be more like Jesus.
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures, word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current weeks' teachings.
Make a dog puppet with titles "Please Jesus" and "Show me the way!" under one ear. And John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." under the other ear. I found this idea at: Enchanted Learning.